常见英语修辞手法总共有22种,分别为明喻、转喻、提喻、隐喻、拟人、拟声、夸张、双关、讽刺、联觉、头韵、委婉、修辞反问、隽语、对照、渐进法、 Graduation, reference, stacking, imitation, row ratio, fable.
It is compared with two things and phenomena with the same characteristics, indicating the similar relationship between the body and the metaphor, and both appear in the contrast. Common metaphorical words Like, as, as if, as though, seem, similar to, such as, etc.
1. This elephant is like a snake as anybody can see.
This ends are like a snake like anyone see.
2. He lookd as if he had just stepped out of my booktales and had passed me like a spirit.
He seemed to have just come out of my fairy tale, walking from me like a ghost.
3. It has long leaves that day in the wind like slim fingers reaching to touch some.
Its long leaves swing in the wind, as if stretched out a slender finger to touch something.
Second, metaphor (Metaphor)
This metaphor does not go through the metaphorical words, but directly describes the use of things as B. The connection and similarities between the two things and B are implied.
1. The diamond department was the heart and center of the store.
The diamond department is the heart and core of the store.
2. He is a pick. He is a pig. (Metaphor: He is a person like a pig who refers to dirty and greedy people.)
3. She is a woman with a stony heart. (Metaphor: This woman is cold and ruthless.)
4.mark twain is a mirror of America. Mark Twen is a mirror in the United States. (Use the mirror to compare the reality of the United States, which is very appropriate.)
The metaphor is roughly summarized into four cases:
a. Partial and all interdependence;
b. Replace things with materials;
c. Abstract and specific interconnection;
d. Replace the entire class with individuals.
1. Outside, (there is) a sea of faces. (The local part of the human body is represented by Faces)
2. Have you any coppers? Are you rich? (Represents things with materials, that is, Copper copper metaphors refer to coin Money copper coins)
3. They share the same root. They live together. (Partially represented by the ROOF roof to indicate the house house and residential)
4. He is the newton of this center. He is Newton’s Newton. (The entire class is represented by Newton to represent scientist scientists)
5. It was reported that China won the volleyball match. (National name China on behalf of the national team The Chinese Volleyball Team)
6. Life was a wearing to him. Life makes him bored. (Specifically with abstraction, using Wearing metaphor to refer to A Wearing Thing.)
7. “… saying that it was the most beautical tongue in the world, …” … He said this is the most beautiful language in the world.
Here is a specific “tongue” instead of abstract “Language”.
This method of rhetoric is to add human characteristics and characteristics to the outside world, and make it personalized, to properly human beings, to achieve the blending of each other, and combine one. Anthime is a thing that gives life without life.
I was very happy and cored hear the birds singing in the woods.
I am very happy and I can hear the birds singing in the woods.
Five, exaggerated (Hyperbole)
This is a rich imagination, excessive words, rendering and decorative objective things to achieve the effect of emphasis, that is, exaggeration.
1. My Blood Froze.
My blood is solidified.
2. When I touch our father about this, his head burst.
When I told our father, his heart almost burst out.
3.You are the whole world to me.
You are the whole world for me.
It means that when things A is not similar to B things, but when there is a close relationship, you can use this relationship to replace the A thing in the name of B, such a rhetoric. The focus of the metaphor is not “similar”;
1. THE KETTLE BOILS. —— Representative content with containers
(Use The Kettle pot to indicate The Water in the Kettle pot water)
2.grey hairs should be restern. The elderly should be respected. —— Representative symbols with personal characteristics
(Grey hairs white hair, indicating old people Old people)
3.The Pen is Mightier than the Sword. (Use Pen pen to indicate Article articles) —————————————————————————————————————————————–
4. A Complete Shakespeare Shakespeare’s Complete Works —– Use the author’s representative work
(Representative works with Shakespeare Author)
Seven, dual -pass language (PUN)
It is based on a word or phrase, combining the two meanings that are not related to each other at the same time to obtain an unexpected humor and funny effect. It mainly appears in a similar word and word -oriented harmonic way.
Napoleon was asstonished. “Either you are mad, or I am,” He Declared. “Both, SIR!”
Napoleon was surprised. “Either you are crazy or I’m crazy,” he said. “Two, sir!” The Swedes screamed proudly.
The word “both” is a two -word, both of which refers to Napoleon and the soldier as lunatic, but also the warrior has participated in two battles commanded by Napoleon.
8. Antoupen (onomatopoeia)
It is the sound of non -language imitation in nature. The sound of pronunciation and described things is very similar, making the language vivid and expressive.
1. On the root of the school house pigeons we softly cooperation.
Some pigeons on the roof of the school’s house were groaning gently.
2. She Brought Me into Touch with Everything that Could Be Reacked or Felt — SUNLIGHT, The Rustling of Silk, The Noises of Insects, The Creaking of a Door, The Voice OF A LOVD
She made me expose everything that was enough or felt, such as the sun, the rustling sound of the silk when the silk swing, the sound of insects, the squeak of the door, the words of my loved ones.
It refers to the meaning of the opposite side with implicit words, so as to achieve the effect of making the original meaning more humorous and ironic.
It will be a fine things not knowing what time it is in the morning.
It is really a good thing to have no time in the morning (the true meaning is to clear the concept of time in the morning)
Ten, Synaesthesia Cerpical, Lianshou, Movement
This kind of rhetoric is to directly describe things by seeing. Touch, smell, taste, etc. It is to communicate the feeling of different sensory senses. For example, Zhu Ziqing’s “The Breeze of the Lotus Pond” was sent to the fragrance of fragrance, as if the tall singing in the distance. “
1>. THE BIRDS SAT Upon a Tree and POURD FORETH theIR LILY -LIKE VOICE. A flower -like sound.
2> .Taste the music of mozart.
There are two or more words or phrases connected in the text. The syllables beginning have the same letters or sounds to enhance the sense of rhythm of the language.
How and why he had come to princeton, New Jersey is a story of Struggle, Success, and Sadness. How did he and why he came to Princeton in New Jersey?
Twelve, euphemism euphemism, euphemism
The method of euphemism refers to the use of euphemism and elegant methods to express roughness and avoid taboos.
1> .he is out visiting the Next? He went out for easy.
2>. His Relation with his wife has not ben Fortunate.
3> .deng xiaoping passed away in 1997. (death)
This is a kind of imitation of famous sayings. Aphrodisiac, proverb, change some of them, so that it has a new rhetoric.
1> .rome was not built in a day, nor in a year. Rome was not built a day or was built in a year.
2> .a Friend in Need is a friend to be avoided.
Fourteen, Rhetorical Question Question (Covenant)
The difference between it and doubt is that it does not take the purpose of receiving a response, but uses doubts as a means to achieve the effect of rhetoric. Its characteristics are: affirmation of the question to indicate strong negation, and the negative question expresses strong affirmation. Its on it. The answer is often self -evident.
1> .how was it possible to walk for an hour through the woods and see nothing word of note?
2> .shall we all through the Untruths to go unanswered?
Fifteenth, Paradox ar ar
This is a seemingly contradictory, but it contains a certain philosophical meaning, which is a contradiction and rhetoric.
1> .more haSte, less speed.
2>. The Child is the father to the man.
16. Antithesis contrast, contrast, puppet
This kind of rhetoric refers to a rhetoric that compares the opposite sentences.
1> .y are staying; I am going.
2> .give me liberty, or give me deth.
17. Parallelism row ratio, parallel
This rhetoric method is to generalize the same or similar structure of two or more structures, related phrases with the same meaning, and consistent tone. Sentences are arranged into a string to form a whole.
1> .no one be perfectly free till all are free.
18. Allegory irony, for example (original meaning “fable”)
It means “the way to change the way”. It is a description of an image, which has duality. The surface meaning and true meaning are two different things.
1> .make the hay whole the sun shines.
Specifies: Take advantage of the sun
Real meaning: hit the iron while it is hot
19. CLIMAX gradual method, layer in law
This kind of rhetoric is to gradually step by layer by layer by layer by layer by layer by layer by layer according to the size of the idea.
1> .I am sorry, I am so sorry, I am so extremely sorry.
2> .Eye had not seen nor ear heart, and nothing had touched his head of stone.
20. Anticlimax gradually reduced
A rhetoric opposite to climax, from large to small, from strong to weakly arranged.
1> .on His Breast He Wears his decorations, at his size a sword, on his feet a pair of boots.
2>. THE DUTIES of a Soldier Are to Protect His Country and Peel Potatoes.
Twenty -one, Rhetorical Repetition
This rhetorical method refers to overlapping the same structure and the same meaning in a specific context to enhance the tone and strength.
1. It must be created by the blood and the work of all of us who believe in the future, who believe in man and his glorious man -made destiny.
It must be created with blood and sweat of those who have confidence in the future, the great destiny created by humans and humans themselves.
2. … Because Good Technique in Medicine and Surgery Means More Quickly -CURED PATIENTS, LESS Pain, Less DiscomFort, LESS Disease and Less Deformity.
Because excellent medical technology and surgery means to treat patients faster, less pain, less uneasy, less death, less disease, and less disabled.
Twenty -two, quotation quotation
Quote the sentence or paragraph or someone who speaks somewhere, generally marked with dual quotes
EG: Franklin Said, “if a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him, an incstary in knowledge always the best interest.” “”
Note: If you quote others, the graduation thesis of college English major often needs to quote celebrities to support the views you want to demonstrate
Good article in the past:
#Is the English proverb in front of the teacher’s eyes, making your composition level more advanced#:
Lines composition cheats: Common practical English proverbs 95 sentences induced and sorted (recommended collection)
#How to distinguish English synonyms? The difference lies in the degree of emphasis on vocabulary#:
Frequently English words vocabulary: 23 major types of synonymous words and summary summary (super practical)
#What are the knowledge points of the frequent English test in the middle school entrance examination? This note must be collected! #:
Summary of Test Summary of Test Points for Junior High School Entrance Entrance Entrance Entrance Entrance Entrance Entrance Examination (Personal Notes)
Author: Shihan Carol
Works: Self -editing (original)