The role of the fuel filter
The function of the fuel filter is to filter out solid debris and moisture such as iron oxide and dust in the engine fuel gas system, prevent the fuel system from blockage, protect the oil pump nozzle, cylinder liner, piston ring, etc., reduce mechanical wear, ensure the stable operation of the engine and improve reliability. It is one of the “three filters” we often say, and the other two refer to air filters and oil filters.
Precautions for the purchase of fuel filters
1. It is recommended to replace the fuel filter every 20,000 km/12 months, and there may be slight differences in maintenance intervals between different models.
2. Before purchasing goods, please be sure to check the model and displacement of your car to ensure that you buy the correct model of accessories. You can consult your car’s maintenance manual.
3. During major maintenance, the fuel filter is generally replaced at the same time as the oil, machine filter and air filter.
4. Choose high-quality fuel filters, inferior fuel filters often lead to poor fuel supply, insufficient power of the car or even stalling. Impurities are not filtered, and over time, the oil circuit and fuel injection system will also be corroded and damaged.
5. When you feel that the speed of the car is significantly reduced, the engine acceleration is poor, and the car is weak, it is necessary to think that the combustion filter may have been blocked and need to be checked and replaced in time.